High School Leadership Program
HSLP meets every other Monday at 5:30pm at The LeaderShop.
The High School Leadership Program kicks off each year with the High School Leadership Conference. After the conference, youth have the opportunity to use their new leadership skills to all year long by serving on committees as chairpersons, vice-chairpersons, secretaries, and treasurers.
Under the guidance of The LeaderShop staff members, youth are responsible for planning and implementing events to benefit the community.
- Service Project Committee: Service Projects are opportunities for youth to identify and fill a need in the community. Youth on the Service Project Committee create, plan and implement these projects themselves.
- Social Recreation Committee: Social Recreation activities are fun activities during which youth can spend time together doing something other than volunteering. Youth on the Social Recreation Committee plan and implement these activities themselves.
- Service Trip Committee: The Service Trip is a week-long service trip to volunteer for communities in need of help. Youth on the Service Trip Committee choose a community to serve. They then plan the Service Trip and fundraise to cover expenses of the trip.
- Volunteer Opportunities Committee: Volunteer Opportunities are activities in which the youth volunteer for another organization. Youth on the Volunteer Opportunities Committee identify and coordinate these events themselves.
New Members are Always Welcome!
The LeaderShop serves the following high schools:
- Argo Community High School
- Lyons Township High School
- Nazareth Academy
- Riverside Brookfield High School